26th February 2015 |
NSW is an extremely popular and highly competitive destination for skilled migrants. At 4,000 places, NSW has the country’s largest state skills visa nomination program.
In recognition of ongoing high demand and to ensure that places allocated under the program are aligned to the skills needs of the state’s economy, NSW is introducing a selection-based invitation process for the 190 program in 2015.
This will be implemented from February 2015 onwards and will be a streamlined and easy-to-use process for candidates.
Under the selection and invitation process for the 190 program, prospective candidates can only apply for NSW nomination if they have been selected from SkillSelect and invited by NSW Trade & Investment.
Visit NSW Skilled Occupation Lists for occupations that are eligible for NSW nomination.
Key steps for candidates
To be considered for selection for NSW nomination, candidates simply need to submit an EOI in SkillSelect choosing NSW for 190 nomination. Between February and June 2015, NSW Trade & Investment will be selecting and inviting candidates to apply.
Candidates who are invited to apply for NSW nomination will receive an invitation by email and will have 14 days to apply for nomination.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)– Ensure that you meet 190 visa criteria
– Submit an EOI in SkillSelect
– Indicate interest for NSW nomination for a 190 visa
- If selected, you will receive a NSW invitation to apply for nomination
– Invitations will be sent by email
– Candidates must submit an online application within 14 days of receiving the invitation to apply
- Apply for NSW nomination and wait for the outcome
– NSW nomination applications usually take 12 weeks to process
- If nominated, you will receive a SkillSelect invitation to apply for the 190 visa
- Apply for the 190 visa to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
– Lodge a visa application within 60 days of being nominated by NSW
- DIBP will advise you of the decision on your visa application
- If your visa is granted, move to NSW and commence your two year commitment to live and work in NSW
Courtesy – NSW Trade & Investment