Canada is a democratic country that offers a high standard of living with ample of career opportunities. Occupying most of northern North America, Canada is the world’s second largest country by its total area and they have one of the world’s most beautiful and peaceful environment.

Being one of the most developed countries, the strong economic stability and cost competitive advantage have also made Canada one of the most favourable countries for investors and businesses to invest and set up their businesses.

Boasting a diversified backgrounds and culture, Canada attracted migrants from all over the world and everyone lives together peacefully without any discrimination. In Canada, residents are able to enjoy many benefits such as complimentary public healthcare, excellent education systems and well-maintained justice system. If you are still seeking for an extraordinary lifestyle, Canada could be an answer to the new chapter of your life.

If you are looking to living, working or studying in Canada temporary or permanently, there are various visa schemes to fulfil your dreams.


Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Skilled immigrants are chosen as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in our economy. They assess them on their:

> English and/or French language skills,
> education,
> work experience, and
> other factors that have been shown to help newcomers prosper in Canada.

As of January 2015, there is a new system to manage how people with skilled work experience apply to immigrate to Canada. It is called Express Entry

Under Express Entry, people will first fill out an online profile that includes their language test scores, their Educational Credential Assessment (if they need one) and outlines their work experience. There is no cost to complete and submit an Express Entry profile.

Based on their profiles, candidates will be ranked against others in a pool. On a regular basis, CIC will draw top candidates from the pool and send them an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Only those who get an Invitation to Apply from CIC will be able to apply.

Under this new system, most complete applications will be processed in six months or less.

You must use Express Entry if you want to apply:

under the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
under the Federal Skilled Trades Program,
under the Canadian Experience Class, or
as a provincial nominee, in some cases.

1) Skilled Workers and Professionals

If you would like to settle and work in Canada, you may apply for a migration visa under the Federal Skilled Workers Program. Assessment will be based on your age, education, work experience, and English language proficiency, links with Canada.

2) Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers
This program is for people specially selected by the Quebec government to settle and work in Quebec (Canada’s largest province by area and its second-largest administrative division). If you possess the skills and qualification wanted by the Quebec, you will be eligible for this permanent visa.

3) Canadian Experience Class
If you are a temporary foreign worker who has at least 12 months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada, and you are familiar with the Canadian society, you will be able to contribute to the economy of Canada. Thus, you may be able to apply for a permanent visa under this program.

4) Investor, Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed People
If you want to start a business or invest in Canada and obtain a permanent visa, you are expected to make an investment or to own and manage businesses in Canada.

5) Provincial Nominees
If you have the skills, education and work experience needed by one of Canada’s provinces, the state may nominate you under this visa program for you to settle and work in that particular state.

6) Sponsoring your Family
If you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor your family member to join you in Canada. Under this program, there are two different processes to sponsor your family. One process is used for sponsoring your spouse, conjugal or common-law partner and/or dependent children. The other process is used to sponsor other eligible relatives.

7) Other Visas
If you would like to visit, live or study in Canada for a period of time, you may also apply for a temporary visa to stay in Canada.